Call for Proposals
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Archives Day 2020 will be held online.
Archives Day 2020 will be held on Friday, October 9th in observance of National Archives Month. The planning committee invites proposals for presentations under the theme, Open to IDEAs: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access in the Archives.
Archives Day 2020 Theme
You are invited to submit proposals for individual and group presentations, and lightning talks on ideas, best practices, successes, and workflows in support of the theme, Open to IDEAs: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access in the Archives. Discussions may center on any of the following suggested topic areas:
- Rethinking access, acquisitions, cataloging, research in archives
- Activism and community engagement
- Renewed roles of archival workers
- Reshaping procedures, processes, and mindset through the COVID-19 pandemic and social upheaval
- Other topics relevant to the theme
- Submissions are welcome from interested parties located in South Florida.
- Submissions should be simple narratives of 150- 200 words that explain the purpose of the session, the intended audience, and how the session will be conducted.
- Proposals will be evaluated based on relevance to the topic and time constraints.
Presentation / Session Formats (via Zoom)
- Individual/Group presentations - 10-15 minutes followed by a comment-and-discussion period.
- Lightning talks - 5-minute individual talks in rapid succession followed by a comment-and-discussion period. These may highlight new collections, outreach programs, innovations, software, or hands-on demonstrations.
- Poster sessions - visual displays of projects, activities, or applied or theoretical research, to be incorporated into a larger poster session.
Please click here to SUBMIT PROPOSALS.
Proposals are due on Monday, September 14, 2020 by 5 p.m.
Questions regarding your submission, proposal criteria, or the submission process should be addressed to Annia Gonzalez ().
#ArchivesIDEA2020 #SouthFLArchivesDay2020 #ArchivesDay2020