Journalism and Mass Communication
Visual Storytelling Production is designed to enhance the skills that students learned in Multimedia Production 1. By the end of the semester, students will:
- Understand some of the legal and ethical issues facing journalists and other communication professionals who work with digital tools on the Internet.
- Learn how to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Further their understanding of audio-visual production techniques.
- Improve their abilities to research multi-media news stories
- Produce an extended infographic on the class theme.
- Produce an audio slideshow on the class theme.
- Produce multi-source video with B-Roll on the class theme.
- Participate in a crowdsourced reporting project on King Tide Day.
- Produce a multimedia package on the class theme.
- Participate in a mobile reporting project on Election Day.
- Further their skills with PhotoShop, Audacity and Final Cut Express.
- Learn the basics of HTML5/CSS3.
Jacobson, Susan, "JOU 4001 Visual Storytelling Production" (2014). Course Syllabi. 10.