Journalism and Mass Communication
Web GIS is a special topics course designed to give students a solid foundation in Web publishing and Web GIS. By the end of the semester, students will:
- Learn the basics of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Produce a new layout for the Zen Garden project.
- Participate in a crowdsourced project on King Tide Day.
- Produce an interactive photo slideshow with HTML5/CSS3.
- Participate in a mobile-social reporting project on Election Day.
- Produce a multimedia map story with HTML5/CSS3.
- Learn how to give and receive constructive criticism.
Jacobson, Susan; Fu, Zhaohui; and Guan, Boyuan, "MMC 4936 Web GIS for Journalists" (2014). Course Syllabi. 13.
In Copyright. URI: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).