Journalism and Mass Communication
Web GIS is a special topics course designed to give students a solid foundation in Web publishing and Web GIS. By the end of the semester, students will:
- Learn the basics of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Produce a new layout for the Zen Garden project.
- Participate in a crowdsourced project on King Tide Day.
- Produce an interactive photo slideshow with HTML5/CSS3.
- Participate in a mobile-social reporting project on Election Day.
- Produce a multimedia map story with HTML5/CSS3.
- Learn how to give and receive constructive criticism.
Jacobson, Susan; Fu, Zhaohui; and Guan, Boyuan, "MMC 4936 Web GIS for Journalists" (2014). Course Syllabi. 13.