Master of Science (MS)
First Advisor's Name
First Advisor's Committee Title
Second Advisor's Name
Charles L. Ilvento
Date of Defense
- Area of Investigation
- Foodservice industry professionals in the Greater Miami area, with an industry survey analyzing the daily workday of the manager.
- Materials and Methods Used
- Published works that are accepted by the Library of Congress, articles that appear in industry trade journals and authors own experience were used for research and evaluation.
- A survey conducted with hospitality industry general managers of foodservice operations and food and beverage directors of hotel, food service operations will be interviewed on time management usage during an average workday.
- The results were consolidated and evaluated with guidelines to help improve a manager's time efficiency during his workday.
- Major Findings
- A majority of managers are aware of effective time management but a small percentage are using these methods.
- Managers that spend over 90% of their time in management functions scored the highest in decision-making.
- Food and beverage directors scored higher in all areas questioned than general managers of foodservice operations.
- Time spent planning paralleled those managers who spent more time in managerial duties.
- Results and Conclusions
- Time management is essential for management positions in the foodservice industry.
- . The more time efficient a manager is, the better they will be able to control circumstances that make a manager's maintained successes.
De Lucia, Claude A., "A study to determine if foodservice managers are utilizing time management techniques and to develop guidelines to help the foodservice manager in being more time effective" (1983). FIU Electronic Theses and Dissertations. 3018.
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).