Download Full Text (122 KB)
A new group of authors has coalesced to stake a claim in the Cuban-American literary scene. This event will bring together several second-generation fiction writers of Cuban origin, who will read from their recent work:
• Chantel Acevedo, author of The Distant Marvels (2015), A Falling Star (2013), Song of the Red Cloak (2011), and Love and Ghost Letters (2005)
• Jennine Capo Crucet, author of Make Your Home Among Strangers (2015) and Howto Leave Hialeah (2009)
• Vanessa García, author of White Light (2015) and The Cuban Spring (2014)
• Ana Menendez, author of Adios, Happy Homeland (2011), The Last War (2009), Loving Che (2003), and In Cuba I Was a German Shepherd (2001)
• Cecilia Rodriguez Milanes, author of Oye What I'm Gonna Tell You (2015), Everyday Chica (2010), and Marielitos, Balseros and Other Exiles (2009)
Dr. Iraida H. Lopez, the moderator, is Professor of Spanish at Ramapo College of New Jersey. Her most recent book is Impossible Returns: Narratives of the Cuban Diaspora (2015).
Latin American Studies
Lopez, Iraida H., "Out of Florida: Cuban-American Writers Read Their Work" (2017). Cuban Research Institute Events. 382.
In Copyright. URI: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).